Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chi-town trip!

I had a great time in Chicago! I hadn't realized that I hadn't been to Chicago since April! This trip reinforced my thought that Chicago is the greatest City, and that I really took it for granted when I lived there!

My trip started off with a stop in Iowa City to visit Ellen and Roger's baby. He is adorable! The cutest thing I've seen in a long time! Sorry Brian :-)  See the pic below for proof!



Next, I stopped at the NBC Tower to visit everyone at Brinks. I posted a pic below of the building I used to work in. I used to work on the 34th floor, 2 floors from the top! It reminds me how different my life is here. Grant it, I do work on the 18th floor, but the building isn't as tall so it doesn't seem like I am that high up. It was soo nice visiting my old boss and co-workers. They again reminded me that their are mortgage company's and bank and would just need to make a call and get Brian a job. I don't think he will go for that, so I better stay put. :-)



After my visit to Brinks, I headed to Erin's to stay at my old place, in my old room! We went out for Jill's birthday and had a blast! It was nice to see some of my ol' flag football buddies.



Friday morning I had my eye appointment with my lasik surgeon and he said my eyes are better than perfect! Yes, there is such a thing-20/15! Woo hoo! Such a life changing experience for me and I would do it again in a heartbeat! After that, Erin and I shopped, had lunch at Grand Lux (yummy), and tried on a few bridesmaid dresses-thank you Erin for being a good sport! haha.  It was nice to spend quality time with her! See below-look how peace beautiful Michigan Avenue is on a Friday morning. Love it!


Friday night I picked Maria up from work and we went to her family restaurant and had dinner. We drank quite a bit more than anticipated, but that's alright. haha. It was so fun and we spent most of the night laughing which we haven't done in awhile.
One thing is for certain after this trip, I will not go another 6 months before I visit again!

1 comment: